Interested in learning more about how NoiseSTOP Technology and creating peace and quiet in your home? Leave us your name and email address or phone number and we will get back to you.

Condos and Townhomes

Condo and townhouse living offers plenty of benefits, but the close proximity can come with one big downside. We’ve all heard that old condo-owner’s horror story of the noisy neighbours who make life miserable for the family in the attached unit.

Fortunately, soundproofing can be a simple, effective way of taking back control of your own home. If you’re considering soundproofing for your condo, you need to know what solution to choose, and what questions you should be asking.

4' x 8' panel

4' x 8' panel

SONOPAN is a solid, 4′ x 8′, 19 mm thick eco-friendly soundproofing panel.


SONOPAN is often installed in new basement construction or extensions to a townhome.


Both sides of the panel feature cavities of varying dimensions and depths.


SONOPAN absorbs a wide range of frequencies, significantly reducing the transmission of sound and vibrations from one unit to another. With its new patented technology, SONOPAN is an exceptional choice for new condos and townhomes.

Tips from Developers

Tips from Developers

Frequently Asked Questions

I have noisy neighbours. What is the first step toward soundproofing my home?

Start by determining the level of soundproofing that you require, and your budget. We offer a wide range of solutions. Our Exceptional Soundproofing solutions (SONOpan) are simple, cost-effective solutions for noise control.

How does sound travel between rooms?

Sound transmission paths between two units include both direct transmission through the separating assembly (ex: sound leaks or direct transmission through materials) and flanking transmission through adjacent wall and floor assemblies. It’s crucial to ensure there are no openings between two rooms (seal all openings) and to use materials with different densities to achieve the best soundproofing performance possible.

Are there standards for sound transmission (STC) for walls and ceilings in my Condo/Townhome?

The Canadian Building Code requires a minimum STC level of 50 between units. Check with your condo board to find out if your requirements are higher.

Can I do the work myself or do I need a contractor?

Our soundproofing systems are easy enough to install on your own. However you may elect to hire a contractor. Contact us for an approved contractor in your area.

Have a question? Click here.